Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The adaptation and change between Essay #1 and Essay #2 experience

       I found that writing the first essay was new and almost foreign as I'd not expected it so soon after the beginning of the year. Though, I will say it was exciting to be able to express freely my own thoughts and story for others to see, it nearly invigorated me to the point of prime happiness. It was fresh, fast, and fun to do while seeing the growth of others around me and how they saw my own growth.
       To contrast, I found that the second essay was much more relaxed to the pace that I grew accustomed to. The initial draft was a good size, corrections were made readily, and we started writing it much earlier than the first essay. The fun factor increased in that more outside input was gathered and I had a better understanding of the outside viewpoints around me and those whom I met were very critical but not harsh about their responses. I can't tell what I would've done given the same experience with number one, but the third and final essay will definitely rise in excitement just as #1 has to #2.
       The difference in reasons and motive for the two essays was a much larger change, because in the narrative I was simply telling from my point of view and what I saw from a factual and witness statement. However, in a position paper I was forced to go out and get what others had seen and done, and the interpersonal contact and some interviews I had arranged made it more emotional than the narrative, granting a much bigger freedom and exciting outlook on the essay.
       Though a larger difference between my essays was their topic, I found that the blogging tool allowed me to look back on drafts from anywhere I wanted and had more stages, which filled me with a sense of accomplishment and gave me more motivation to continue onward. Each in-between assignment also helped fill in and refine the second essay to a more professional level, whereas the first was simply a "What are we capable of" in a sense, at least it was how I felt.
Where the essays had the greatest difference in was the time-frame that we did them. The first essay was still well into the winter, whereas in a position paper we're in winter to spring, a time of change and to move on, to see new things blooming. I found it symbolic and very uplifting to fill the page with words of wisdom and guidance to the positions I spoke out for.
       The similarities now of the two are that they had both been done in at least one draft on this blog, but the more there were in this second one, the more stages there are to look back on and adjust the essay to. Plus, we had each other to speak to and rely on for assistance in varying points that we didn't notice in both times. The only difference in that being how many times we as a group did so.  There is a more personal impression in seeing the writings and opinions of your friends while they are reading and accrediting yours in any manner. At times though, I still feel as if I wasn't going easy enough into a topic which I was passionate about, and it might harm my credibility later on, but I cannot judge or tell until the final call comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment