Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Matthew WIest Bio



Hey! I’m currently a Running Start Student and taking some classes at Olympic College right now. Still getting things sorted out during these first few years of my now-adult life, but I’m hoping to have it situated and get into motion for my future, which I hope to enter NROTC at the University of Idaho for a career in the Navy, possibly as a Navy SEAL.

I have gone on a missionary Trip to Alaska and encountered a cult 30 minutes down the Yukon from the village of Beaver who believed that their founder and leader was “God” and that he was the be-all, end-all to their problems and questions., I can put my foot behind my head, and I lived in Hawaii for 7 years before moving to Georgia, then to Alabama, and now back to Washington, where I was born. I have also wrestled a yearling to the ground in the cold and mud back in Alabama (A yearling is a horse that is one year of age or younger). I continue to practice and hone my outdoor skills, and plan on going hunting with a Compound bow next winter for deer.


1.       I didn’t really care for if it was shown to the class because I didn’t mind any details about myself being revealed in that manner.
2.       I could understand the questions, though it was funny telling the stories behind them.
3.       It made me want to put those stories and answers within the bio beforehand.
4.       I’d add on more in depth details about my future plans and what has already happened versus a brief run-by.

We are given an arbitrary point to define ourselves in what we write, because what we write, in some way or another, will permanently remain for someone else to see. Social Strictures, in themselves, prevent us in some manners from talking freely about what we believe and who we are, where writing has no limitations because you have to choose to go out and read through, to figure out and discover for yourself, for good or bad, someone’s own self.

No comments:

Post a Comment